Pediatric Advanced Transport Course (PATC) Provider Course Overview
For payment and registration information, please access the printable Registration Form or you can also register online at our Events Calendar Page.
ASTNA/IAFCCP Member: $555
Affiliate (AARC, AMPA): $620.00
Special Military Rate Available-contact the office at email@example.com
Once you are in the online store, click select to select the appropriate registration fee.
Both member and non-member rates are available within in each course.
Pediatric Advanced Transport Course (PATC) is a three day educational experience focused on care of the critically ill and injured pediatric patient during resuscitation, stabilization and transport. Employing didactic and practical methods of learning will allow you to:
- Describe the professional responsibilities associated with patient transport.
- Identify the importance of early recognition of high risk ill and injured pediatric patients.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary for the assessment and management of critically ill and injured pediatric patients.
- List management priorities in the ill and injured pediatric patient.
NOTE: PATC does not certify any person to perform skills or procedures taught in the course. Verification will be valid for four years*.
What Topics Are For Me, the Pediatric Transport Professional?
The didactic portion of the course is designed to enhance cognitive knowledge of the pathophysiology, assessment and management of ill and injured pediatric patients.
Course topics include:
- Transport Physiology
- Anatomy, Physiology and Growth & Development
- Pulmonary Disorders
- Cardiac Disorders
- Neurologic and Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Shock and Sepsis
- Accidental and Non-accidental Trauma
- Surgical Emergencies
- Legal Aspects of Transport and MCI Disaster
- Airway and Ventilatory Management
- GI, GU, Renal, Endocrine, Hematology Oncology Disorders
- Transplant Considerations
- High Risk Obstetrics and Neonatology
What Are the Teaching Methods?
The practical portion of the course includes skills stations on invasive procedures, chest and c-spine x-ray interpretation, airway management and patient assessment. All skills stations and transport specific lectures are taught by qualified transport professional instructors.
DISCLAIMER: PATC is a three day pediatric advanced transport professional course open to all transport personnel providing direct patient care during transport by ground or air. A minimum of six months transport of pediatric patients experience is recommended prior to enrolling in a PATC. Successful achievement of PATC provider status requires preparation and study. ASTNA is committed to providing these materials no later than 30 days prior to the course. Those students enrolling in PATC less than 6 weeks in advance may not receive course materials in time to adequately prepare. All course participants receive continuing education contact hours.
*There is a six month grace period from the time your provider status expires before you need to re-verify.