Are you interested in running for the ASTNA Board of Directors? The Time is Now!
Friday, May 31, 2019
Posted by: Nikole Good
Call for Board Nominations
The ASTNA election season is now underway! This is the opportunity for ASTNA members to have a voice in selecting our national leadership.
If you are interested in applying for a 2018-2019 Board of Directors position, the time is now. Think about the influence you could have on transport nursing for the future!
There are four (4) position openings starting in November 2019. These positions are:
Three Directors-at Large
To qualify as a candidate for an Officer or Board Director-at-Large position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a current member of ASTNA (Dues paid in full at time of submitting application for candidacy).
- Have a minimum of two years transport nurse experience prior to election.
- Currently certified in transport specialty (CFRN, CTRN), to include C-NPT and actively transporting patients within that specialty.
- Must be actively be involved in transport nursing at the time applying for a candidate application. The definition of an active member is a registered nurse actively participating (on a full or part-time basis) as a care provider, educator and/or administrator in patient transport, regardless of mode. An RN on leave of absence from active participation for no more than two years is also eligible.
- Candidates for President-Elect must be a member of the Board of Directors at the time of election or have been a member of the Board of Directors within two (2) years of the time of election.
- Application must be received in ASTNA office no later than end of business day on the published due date.
- Be an active member of ASTNA which can be met by reviewing or writing for any ASTNA publication, teaching TPATC or other ASTNA Courses, participating as an active member of an ASTNA committee, serve as an ASTNA liaison, contribute to AMJ, be active as a transport nurse on a local, state or national level or advocating for transport nursing at a local, state or national level.
- Current TPATC or PATC verification preferred.
If you are interested in applying for a position, please apply via the online application form at the link below. If you prefer to complete a word document application packet, please contact Nikole Good with the ASTNA National Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text 303.344.0457. The link below contains a more detailed description of the required job duties.
If you or someone you know wants to apply, the deadline for application packets to be returned is June 30th 2019.
As always, thank you for your participation in your Association!
Apply Here- https://astna.site-ym.com/page/BoardElections
***When applying online, please be prepared to attach your CV, headshot and 3 Reference Letters (2 professional and one personal) at the bottom of the application page. These are required fields so please do not complete the application until you have these items ready to attach.