****Non-Members MUST register HERE through the Education Only-Non-Member category. This will provide you access to the course you purchased. Every person must have an account through ASTNA whether member or non-member. Once you register for an account, please return to the course you would like to sign up for***
Extend your knowledge and grow in your career with individual courses derived fromASTNA’s Online Transport Professional Advanced Trauma Course (Online TPATC)! The content and features you love about TPATC but separated into individual courses and presented in an easy to navigate online format designed for your busy schedule that is available anytime, anywhere, and on any device! Don’t need or want the full TPATC Course? Choose the topics that you want to brush up on and earn CE credit while extending your knowledge.
The content within has a primary focus on the concepts of trauma as it relates to the transport professional. These individual courses employ concepts, critical thinking, and medical knowledge from other disciplines including, but not limited to: critical care, emergency, pediatrics, obstetrics, geriatrics, bariatrics, and others as it relates to transport medicine and trauma care.
Radiograph Interpretation and Invasive Skills
This course is eligible for 2.50 continuing education hours.
This course will help you:
· Describe the technical parameters of radiography
· Explain how tissue density appears in radiographs
· Define the preliminary steps needed to ensure you accurately evaluate radiographs
· Explain the ABCs of accurate interpretation of chest radiographs
· Discuss the method of using ultrasound to help treat trauma patients in transport
· Take the path through 5 different scenarios that will teach you the skills to: predict/expect/anticipate injury(injuries)/injury pattern(s) based on initial dispatch information
· Analyze assessment data provided in each scenario
· Interpret a chest radiograph using a systematic approach
· Correlate assessment findings with radiographic image findings
· Discuss appropriate treatment for the patient
These videos will:
· Demonstrate how to perform an intraosseous (IO) needle placement procedure
· Demonstrate how to perform the following invasive procedures: needle cricothyrotomy, surgical cricothyrotomy, needle chest decompression, chest tube insertion and, pericardiocentesis on an adult patient
· Demonstrate how to perform a pediatric needle chest decompression
· Demonstrate how to perform a pediatric needle cricothyrotomy