****Non-Members MUST register HERE through the Education Only-Non-Member category. This will provide you access to the course you purchased. Every person must have an account through ASTNA whether member or non-member. Once you register for an account, please return to the course you would like to sign up for***
Extend your knowledge and grow in your career with individual courses derived fromASTNA’s Online Transport Professional Advanced Trauma Course (Online TPATC)! The content and features you love about TPATC but separated into individual courses and presented in an easy to navigate online format designed for your busy schedule that is available anytime, anywhere, and on any device! Don’t need or want the full TPATC Course? Choose the topics that you want to brush up on and earn CE credit while extending your knowledge.
The content within has a primary focus on the concepts of trauma as it relates to the transport professional. These individual courses employ concepts, critical thinking, and medical knowledge from other disciplines including, but not limited to: critical care, emergency, pediatrics, obstetrics, geriatrics, bariatrics, and others as it relates to transport medicine and trauma care.
Trauma in Pregnancy
This course is eligible for 1.35 continuing education hours.
This course will help you:
· Identify the physiologic and anatomic alterations of pregnancy
· Discuss patterns of injury specific to the pregnant patient and fetus
· Identify assessment priorities and interventions unique to the injured pregnant patient
· Describe the fetal assessment, including fetal movement and fetal heart rate parameters
· Identify the frequency, duration, and strength of uterine contractions
· Discuss patterns of injury and other conditions specific to the pregnant patient and fetus describe transport implications for the injured pregnant patient