The Air & Surface Transport Nurses Association sponsors the annual Critical Care Transport Nurses Day
which takes place on February 18th each year. This is the day we recognize the uniqueness of what we
do and recognize the difference that transport nurses make in the lives of their patients.
Click here to view the Critical Care Transport Nurses Day Poster!!
ASTNA Board of Directors
Call for Board Nominations
The ASTNA election is now underway! This is the opportunity for all ASTNA members to have a voice in selecting our National leadership. Unfortunately, it is not always easy to get our membership to participate in the election. We need your help to make this election process a success. If you are interested in applying for a 2014-2015 Board of Directors position, the time is now. Think about the influence you could have on transport nursing for the future!
There are three (3) position openings starting in September 2014. These positions are:
Two Directors-at Large
To qualify as a candidate for an Officer or Board Director-at-Large position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a current member of ASTNA (Dues paid in full at time of submitting application for candidacy) for a minimum of 2 years prior to submission of application.
- Not currently committed to the BOD in an active term (no two positions on the BOD may be held simultaneously by the same person).
- Application must be received in ASTNA office no later than end of business day on the published due date.
- Be an active member of ASTNA which can be met by reviewing or writing for any ASTNA publication, teaching TPATC or TraCER, participating as an active member of an ASTNA committee, serve as an ASTNA liaison, contribute to WWR, contribute to AMJ, be active as a transport nurse on a local, state or national level or advocating for transport nursing at a local, state or national level.
- Have a minimum of one year transport nurse experience prior to election.
- Must be actively be involved in transport nursing at the time applying for a candidate application. The definition of an active member is a registered nurse actively participating (on a full or part-time basis) as a care provider, educator and/or administrator in patient transport, regardless of mode. An RN on leave of absence from active participation for no more than two years is also eligible for this membership category.
- Currently certified in transport specialty (CFRN, CTRN), to include C-NPT and RNC and actively transporting patients within that specialty.
- Current TPATC certification.
- Candidates for President-Elect must be a member of the Board of Directors at the time of election or have been a member of the Board of Directors within two (2) years of the time of election.
If you are interested in applying for a position, please contact Amanda Olaes with the
ASTNA National Office at email@example.com or 1.800.897.6362 to receive an application packet.
Packets should be emailed to the ASTNA office at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 16th 2014
It is time for nominations to be submitted for the Katz-Mason Award for Transport Nursing Excellence, John Jordan Award for Excellence in Transport Medicine Journalism and our new Lynn Stevens Excellence in Safety Award. Do you know someone (including yourself) who is making a difference in the field of transport nursing?
Katz-Mason Award for Transport Nursing Excellence
This award is presented for exceptional leadership to an individual who has had a positive impact on flight transport nursing on a global scale. The recipient must be a registered nurse and an active member of ASTNA.
John Jordan Award for Excellence in Transport Medicine Journalism
This award recognizes an individual who has made a significant contribution to transport medical journalism. The recipient may be an active, inactive or affiliate member of ASTNA.
The annual recipient will receive the award and AMTC registration, economy airfare, and one night’s hotel lodging will be provided as the award prize. To view a list of past winners please go to www.astna.org under the “About ASTNA” tab.
Lynn Stevens Excellence in Safety Award
This award is presented for excellence in safety to an individual who has made significant contributions to safety initiatives that have impacted the safety and culture of a specific program or the transport community as a whole.
Eligibility: Anyone directly involved in the critical care transport community who has made a contribution which enhances the safety culture of a program or the transport community as a whole.
- Individual initiative promotes safety and improved the culture for a transport program or the transport community.
- Individual steps above and beyond industry norms distinguishing themselves by implementation of an innovation, policy or practice centered on safety excellence.
The annual recipient will receive the award and $500. Award sponsored by Jill Johnson, Julia Springs, Ami Brownlee, and Bari Conte.
Contact the ASTNA National Office at email@example.com or by phone (800) 897-6362 to request a nomination packet.
Nominations should be emailed to the ASTNA office at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, July 1st.
All award winners will be presented with their awards at the ASTNA Annual Meeting, September 22, 2014 at AMTC in Nashville, Tennessee.
Looking for tips to help you when submitting for AMTC?
Well look no further! Click here for a helpful powerpoint!