Call for Board Nominations
The ASTNA election season is now underway! This is the opportunity for all ASTNA members to have a voice in selecting our national leadership.
If you are interested in applying for a 2015-2016 Board of Directors position, the time is now. Think about the influence you could have on transport nursing for the future!
There are five (5) position openings starting in October 2015. These positions are:
Three Directors-at Large
To qualify as a candidate for an Officer or Board Director-at-Large position,
you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a current member of ASTNA (Dues paid in full at time of submitting application for candidacy) for a minimum of 2 years prior to submission of application.
- Not currently committed to the BOD in an active term (no two positions on the BOD may be held simultaneously by the same person).
- Application must be received in ASTNA office no later than end of business
day on the published due date.
- Be an active member of ASTNA which can be met by reviewing or writing for any ASTNA publication, teaching TPATC or TraCER, participating as an active member of an ASTNA committee, serve as an ASTNA liaison, contribute to WWR, contribute to AMJ, be active as a transport nurse on a local, state or national level or advocating for transport nursing at a local, state or national level.
- Have a minimum of one year transport nurse experience prior to election.
- Must be actively involved in transport nursing at the time applying for a candidate application. The definition of an active member is a registered nurse actively participating (on a full or part-time basis) as a care provider, educator and/or administrator in patient transport, regardless of mode. An RN on leave of absence from active participation for no more than
two years is also eligible for this membership category.
- Currently certified in transport specialty (CFRN, CTRN), to include C-NPT and RNC and actively transporting patients within that specialty.
- Current TPATC certification.
- Candidates for President-Elect must be a member of the Board of Directors at the time of election or have been a member of the Board of Directors within two (2) years of the time of election.
If you are interested in applying for a position, please contact Nikole Good with the
ASTNA National Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.344.0457 to receive an application packet. The application packet will contain a more detailed description of the job duties that need to be performed.
If you or someone you know wants to apply, the deadline for
application packets to be returned is May 15th 2015.
Call for Award Nominations
It is time for nominations to be submitted for the Katz-Mason Award for Transport Nursing Excellence, John Jordan Award for Excellence in Transport Medicine Journalism and our
new Lynn Stevens Excellence in Safety Award.
Do you know someone (including yourself) who is making a difference in the field of transport nursing?
Katz-Mason Award for Transport Nursing Excellence
This award is presented for exceptional leadership to an individual who has had a positive impact on flight transport nursing on a global scale. The recipient must be a registered nurse
and an active member of ASTNA.
John Jordan Award for Excellence in Transport Medicine Journalism
This award recognizes an individual who has made a significant contribution to transport medical journalism. The recipient may be an active, inactive or affiliate member of ASTNA.
The annual recipient will receive the award and AMTC registration, economy airfare, and one night’s hotel lodging will be provided as the award prize. To view a list of past winners
please go to www.astna.org under the “About ASTNA” tab.
Lynn Stevens Excellence in Safety Award
This award is presented for excellence in safety to an individual who has made significant contributions to safety initiatives that have impacted the safety and culture of
a specific program or the transport community as a whole.
Eligibility: Anyone directly involved in the critical care transport community who has made a contribution which enhances the safety culture of a program or the transport community as a whole.
Nominations for the award will be accepted April 1 through July 1 of each year.
- Individual initiative promotes safety and improved the culture for a
transport program or the transport community.
- Individual steps above and beyond industry norms distinguishing themselves by implementation of an innovation, policy or practice centered on safety excellence.
The annual recipient will receive the award and $500. Award sponsored by
Jill Johnson, Julia Springs, Ami Bess, and Bari Conte.
Contact the ASTNA National Office at email@example.com or by phone (303) 344-0457
to request a nomination packet.
Nominations should be emailed to the ASTNA office at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, June 22nd.
All award winners will be presented with their awards at the ASTNA Annual Meeting,
October 20, 2015 at AMTC in Long Beach, California.
The Most Up to Date Information on Ebola, Patient Care and Transport
The ASTNA office has officially moved! Please make note
of the new contact information.
Nikole Good, Executive Director
13918 E. Mississippi Avenue
Aurora, CO 80012
303.344.0457 call or text
CAll. Click. Text.
Call for Program Ambassadors
ASTNA is always looking for members who wish to be involved in the life and business of our great , dynamic association. Presently, we are looking for 6 members who would like to be involved with our membership boost initiative. If you have been wanting to get involved, are energetic and enthusiastic, please e-mail us your contact details as well as your program affiliation to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!! For more information, please click here.
Looking for tips to help you when submitting for AMTC?
Well look no further! Click here for a helpful powerpoint!